Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yes, There Were Tears

Greg and I took our youngest to the MTC yesterday. Elder Krainik (o.k. that sounds weird) will be serving for the next two years in the Chile, Santiago West Mission.  And yes, it was absolutely wonderful...but bittersweet.  I will so miss talking with him everyday. More about that later. But he is Ready...and what more could we ask for.  I can see it in his eyes.  When it came time to give our "I'll see you again in two years" hugs...Brock gave me a quick squeeze and said, "You're Last."


7 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I'm so excited that you have a blog! It's going to be great reading about all of the "Excellent Adventures" of your family :D

Cindy said...

Glad to see you've entered the blogging world. Way to go, Annette!!! I can totally understand the mixed emotions of sending Brock on his mission. Elder Krainik will be the BEST missionary and the people of Chile will be so blessed. Can't wait to see future entries on Mimi and Papa's Excellent Adventure!

tiffany garfield said...

Mom, now you need to KEEP posting!!! haha. Just kidding, I know you're VERY busy! Hope you're having fun in Texas! Love you, Twink :)

Brittany said...

I've never seen that picture! It's a good one of him, I really like it! Yes I miss Brock tons! He's such a character. It will be fun to hear about all of his experiences while he's gone! Oh by the way I'm with Twink... you have to keep posting! Not that I've done that lately! Love you!

Kaitlyn said...

We had so much fun having you guys here this weekend! K and J can't ever get enough of their Mimi and Papa. Now we just want to see if any of the pictures we took turned out.(pssst, that means you need to post them!)
We love you, and remember to take a break every once in a while! Have fun in Mexico!

Chancekrainik said...

Update your blog please

Tyler S. Forester said...

Annette and Greg, thanks so much for all that you did for me. I'll be sending you something in the mail pretty soon, let me know if you get it. I've had mishaps with mailing. Look forward to more post in the future.